A Quilt For Baby

Aren't Baby Quilts just the best?


When I learned that my friend and co-worker was having her 2nd child, I knew immediately that I wanted to make a Baby Quilt...and just as fast knew which one fabric I had to include.

After learning that another Girl would be joining their little family, I collected the remainder of the fabrics and got to work.


I decided that I wanted to make a larger version of my Modernized D9P pattern.  Thanks to a mini sewing day, the blocks were pieced and the top finished.  I then gathered the backing and started pin-basting a few days ago.


Quilted with a large meandering stipple...that's my favorite go-to design of late.  This quilt seemed to come together in no time; which was good because Baby could likely arrive any day now.



Wrapped up and ready to go.  Everything had to be perfect.



The "must-have" fabric that I included was this Pride & Prejudice print from the lovely Siobhan from Bea Spoke Quilts.  I've always been in love with her text fabric; and ordered this one she made available on Spoonflower

You see, Mama-to-be is in LOVE with Pride & Prejudice.  Well, all the Jane Austen novels really; but that one in particular.  Don't you love when you can add personal touches like that? 


 


Quilt Dimensions : approx. 52" x 60" 


Happy Thursday!